For the rational use of space, bay windows have also become a place that most buyers value when buying houses. Therefore, the application of bay windows is also a way that most commercial houses are now adopting; a floating window sill shape, generally rectangular or trapezoidal, has a triangular shape that protrudes to the outside, like “small ears.” The application of bay windows is to use large-area glass for lighting, strengthen the actual sense of space, and visually increase the indoor space.
At present, common materials such as marble, wooden floor, floor tiles, and mosaic tiles are generally used to pave the bay windowsill. Because of the unique temperament and texture of marble, it is very popular, so currently, the most used marble is still marble. So what should I pay attention to when using marble floating window sills? Here is a brief list for everyone:
1. The stone should be selected well, and the purchase of marble is mainly by looking. On the one hand, you can intuitively choose the surface and pattern from the outside; on the other hand, you can observe the flatness of the stone and whether there are small holes; again use the grain to see the stone Hardness, generally speaking, the hardness of the stone with the inconspicuous grain is greater than that with obvious grain.
2. Find out the price when purchasing stone. When inquiring, you need to pay attention to the following: stone price; marble edges need to be edging, and whether the price of the stone includes the edging cost; whether the supply includes installation, if It does not include how to collect the installation fee and the composition of the installation fee; if the site needs to be cut, how to collect the fee. The stone calculation is based on area or length. To clarify the above issues will help us finally confirm the cost of the bay window stone.
3. The width of the stone should not be too narrow. When we choose to cut the stone, taking into account the fragility of the stone, do not cut the stone too narrow, otherwise, it is easy to break.
4. According to local conditions, according to the needs of our project and product size, the installation position should be determined. The left and right ears of the outer edge of the stone should be reserved for “small ears” of about 3 cm; at the same time, the sticky side strips should be included when calculating the width. width.
5. Consider the overall aesthetics. For longer bay windows, when the entire stone paving cannot meet the length requirements, splicing is required. The splicing method and location should be considered in advance to avoid excessively long seams that affect the display effect. The selection and installation of bay windows are probably to pay attention to the above points, and I hope it will help you who need to understand these.
Reasons for choosing marble for window sill surface:
Marble bay windows are not afraid of tides, will not deform, and are easy to maintain, but they are relatively cool;
The marble window sill surface has beautiful colors, patterns, high compressive strength, and good physical and chemical properties;
The disadvantage is that it will be colder in the cold winter. If you like to take a nap on the bay window on the marble window sill, you must get a blanket to cushion it.